In The Beginning...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am researching the Smale family in Devonshire, England. There are many Smale families in Devon. The Smale name is often indexed as Small and Smail; Smaile and Smales are variations of the name. This is the male line that I am tracking:

Edgar William Smale- b 27 Apr 1904 Woodbury Devon, d 20 Aug 1979 Essex
Gilbert Smale- b 6 Sep 1867 Okehampton Devon
Samuel Smale- chr 6 Jun 1841 Beaford Devon, d abt 1917
Samuel Smale- chr 8 Feb 1807 Merton Devon, d abt 1862
William Smale- chr 14 Aug 1767 Merton Devon
Richard Smale-

I have been doing a radial search around Merton where Richard was married to find his birth place, but have been unable to come to any obvious conclusions.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Smale. My Great grandfather left Sheepwash to join the second battalion life guards. His name was Abraham Smale. A lot of my family are buried in the church at Sheepwash. Abraham died in 1932.

Post a Comment